Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Sew Along Bag


I was following along with all of your during Heather's Sew Together Sewalong. I don't think I would have taken on this project with some sewalong help. I am so glad I made it. I think I will be making a few more for gifts this year.

I used my hoarded Katie Jump Rope scraps and made them in to a hexagon cluster for the front of the bag.


And the inside. I made a few mistakes, only noticeable if I pointed them out. My next bag will be much better. I already have fabric choices for it running through my head.

Thanks Heather for the Sewalong! You can still follow along and make your Sew Together Bag. Here is a link to purchase the pattern.

Here is Day 1. The Sewalong is divided in to 5 Parts and has a lot of pictures to help you follow the pattern.

Don't forget to post your pictures in our Flickr group. We want to see what you made!

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

7 comments:

  1. I am behind because other things must be made before that but I promise I`ll finish it. I think I just check one of your mistake, but it is not a mistake really, just a tweak from the pattern ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Lucky me, I don't have to make one because I was gifted one by a member of Front Range Modern Quilt Guild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather gifted me one too but I just had to make one. I always need a fun gift idea. I think I could make a few more of these

      Delete
  3. had a great time following along, still have the outside of the 4th one to go and then all 4 will be complete!! thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea, doing more than once. I will be making more and I think I will assembly line them. Thanks for the idea

      Delete
  4. Just finished my sew together bag and wanted to thank you for having the tutorial. Having all those pictures to look at while I read the directions made it so much easier to make.

    ReplyDelete