Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What I'm Working On


Hello, I am sharing what I worked on this weekend today. Heather got in some bolts of Fancy by Lily Ashbury last week and I got right to work pulling coordinating fabrics.  I cut out triangles and arranged them in rows.

At first, I had them all mixed together in the hexie rounds but I didn't think that worked. I placed them together to color coordinate and liked that much better.

I showed Heather this morning and she commented on the grey stars in the middle. What do you know, I didn't even see it.


I am hand sewing this one with chunky perle stitches. Hopefully it won't take too long.


Here is my inspiration, Fancy bolts.


And a shot of the fabrics I pulled to go with it. My backing is the 4th from the top, an Emmy Grace print. I have extra I could use for the binding but I am not sure if it is the best choice. I probably should use it, I don't need anymore scraps. Use it Up!

The grey is an Architextures print that we are out of but more is on its way. Its a great background. It is an extra wide backing print. I love extra wide backings. Often, the last thing I want to do when I have finished piecing a quilt is to piece a backing. So satisfying to cut a chunk of extra wide and be done with it.

I took a few photos during and will post a quick how to tutorial and a pdf of the triangle. I am hoping to finish the quilting this week so maybe next Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a delicious little quilt! I think the perle hand stitching is perfect! Hmmm! inspiration! X!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I appreciate your nice feedback!

      Delete